Important Information for Foreign Students
The procedure for entry to the Russian Federation
All foreign students, willing to come to the Russian Federation, must warn the Visa Department about their arrival at least 10 days in advance via e-mail: email@example.com
The letter must contain:
- state “Arrival to the Russian Federation” in the e-mail title;
- state the country you are arriving from, year of study, group number abd contact telephone number;
- write your full name in Russian (as in the notary translation of your passport) and the date of your arrival;
- state whether or not you will housing in Moscow Poly dormitory;
- attach the copy of your passport to the e-mail.
Otherwise you may not be allowed to enter the Russian Federation.
Take all your original translations of personal documents and diploma, which you provided during your admission. You must bring them to the following address: Moscow, Bolshaya Semyonovskaya str., 38, H-315.
All foreign citizens must have a medical insurance policy. You can apply for it in H-315 or in any insurance company.
In order to house in the university dormitories you must:
Get a Covid 19 test in first 72 hours after your arrival. You can get it on your own or in the dormitories (in the latter case you will have to be on quarantine till you receive the results).
During the first day after the quarantine you have to go to Moscow Poly Visa Department (Moscow, Bolshaya Semyonovskaya str., 38, B-102) in order register as a foreign student.
Registration issuance and renewal
All foreign citizens and apatrides, who came to study in Moscow Poly, must go to Moscow Poly Visa Department (Moscow, Bolshaya Semyonovskaya str., 38, B-102) during the first business day after the arrival
- a passport;
- a visa (for citizens of Latvia, Lithuania, Turkmenistan, Georgia and far-abroad countries)
- a migration card (filled in upon the arrival to the Russian Federation)
for foreign students of extra-curricular form of education: a certificate from a Multiservice center with a stated exam period.
- a copy of the agreement and a receipt of payment for the latest semester (for students of paid-tuition places)
If you do not register as a foreign student during first 3 days upon your arrival, you will pay a fine (5000-7000 RUB).
All foreign citizens and apatrides, who came to study in Moscow Poly from of Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Turkmenistan, Georgia and far-abroad countries, must apply for study visa extension 40 days before the previous visa’s expiration date. If a student violates this deadline, the visa will not be extended and he must apply for a single entry visa.
- a valid visa
- a migration card (filled in upon the arrival to the Russian Federation);
- a tear-off receipt of the Notice of the Arrival of the Foreign Citizen;
- a receipt of payment for visa issuing state fee;
- 1 photo 3*4;
- a copy of study agreement (for students of paid-tuition places);
- a receipt of payment for studies (for students of paid-tuition places).
NB: the passports valid for less than 6 months will not be accepted!
Foreign citizens, willing to submit documents for invitations’ issuance, must apply at least 45 days before the planned arrival date.
- a scan of a foreign passport (valid at least for 18 months);
- a scan of national passport (if a student has it);
- a scan of a foreign passport translation;
- a filled in form for the invitation’s issuance;
- a receipt of payment of the state fee (for Preparatory Department applicants).
NB: the passports valid for less than 18 months will not be accepted!